Friday, January 1, 2010

Tantrum







I managed to catch one of her more tame tantrums with my camera.  How can I love her so much even when she's being completely ridiculous?  She's always been pretty independent but over the past few months it has taken the predictable turn to defiance, tantrums, and just plain old fashioned wreaking havoc.  Most of this is done in the name of curiosity and excess energy (doesn't mean she's off the hook).  At times it can be difficult to know how to respond (sometimes it's just difficult to respond instead of react).  Decisions about consequences, trying to figure out how to prevent things, knowing when it's ok to let things go and let her figure it out--these things keep me up at night, cause me anxiety like you wouldn't believe, and leave me constantly second-guessing myself.  And then just when I'm ready to throw in the towel she does something super sweet or runs around like a rabid animal saying "hoooaaah, hoooahhh" and I can't help but laugh.  Little stinker, I swear she knows exactly what she's doing.

No comments: