Sunday, January 31, 2010

After the Rain

I love the rain. I love any weather as long as it doesn't go on forever. Of course, living in Southern California we have almost a complete lack in weather. I know I shouldn't complain about constant sunny skies and warm weather but I really do miss seasons, snow days, storms, and dark clouds. A couple weeks ago we got some actual real rain storms here! It was wonderful to hear the pounding of raindrops on the roof, to see the gathering of water into various puddles and to smell the freshness in the air whenever there was a break in the storm.
During one of these breaks Jared took Abs outside for some much needed run around time (she gets a bit antsy if cooped up too long). My friend Candace got her a cute little knit hat for Christmas so we talked her into wearing it since it was cold out. She refuses to wear any kind of "hat" but if we call it a helmet then she's fine. So here are some pictures of Abs in her "rain helmet" just after a pretty good storm.



1 comment:

Jenni said...

love the abigail rain helmet! she's adorable. And I love the rain too...except that it flooded my car and I've been without my car this weekend because they had to gut all the water out of it. Other than that, I loved the rain. :)