Sunday, October 11, 2009

Family Cookies

Yesterday we made cookies as a family. Abs was so excited!

I was so impressed with how well she followed directions and let me help her instead of her usual demand to do things by herself.

The airplane was her favorite shape to cut out, most of the wings even made it to the oven.


Abs was very clear about which cookies were hers!


Overall she seemed to have a great time. I think that I am learning to be more flexible. Activities with Abs typically make about 5x the mess and take about 3x as long to finish but my goal is for her to enjoy the process, not for the end product to be perfect. I love that we have started to do some small things together, this is one of the aspects of having a daughter that I was looking forward to. I don't know what I'll do if she turns out to be uninterested in sewing, cooking and creating in general but I guess as long as we can find things to do together it doesn't really matter what they are.


2 comments:

Becky said...

So fun! Love the pictures!!! :)

Jenni said...

Yay! So glad it turned out to be a good experience. I wish I got to do more stuff like that with my mom. And she's starting at such a young age...so awesome. Glad I got to talk with you a little beforehand. Love you.